Friday, 5 August 2016

My Skincare Routine

Hey Guys,

I really struggled with my skin through out High School and if you want me to go into detail about it I can in a different post but today I'm going to speak about what I do to keep it at bay as I have finally found a routine that works and now feel confident with my skin!


Hopefully you find this post useful and if you have any questions then just let me know in the comments!



Morning



I really struggle with doing my skincare in the morning as I am always so tired and would rather just stay in bed but I know that this is the best time to do it as it prepares my skin for the day! 

1.) This step could happen in the shower or by the sink it depends what day it is as I shower every other day but I wash my face with the Neurtogena Visibly Clear Pink Grape Fruit Daily Scrub I put it on all over my face and concentrate on my spot prone areas like my chin, tops of my cheeks and my forehead. Then I let it sink in for a few seconds before washing it off. After I have washed my face I can tell that it feels clean as it is softer and smoother. It has exfoliating microbeads in it to help unclog your pores. It also smells amazing!

2.) After I have changed and done my hair I then put my moisturiser on as my skin can get quite dry quite easily. I use the Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturiser as it doesn't have any artificial perfume or colour which I don't want to put onto my skin. This makes my skin even softer. I only need to use a small amount on my skin so that it doesn't go all sticky.

Personally, I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis which I think helps my skin. That doesn't mean I don't wear it because I do but I only wear it on 'special occasions' to make me feel that bit more special.

I also try to drink at least 2 bottles of water a day this can be a hard one but I do try and would specially recommend  Mac B flavoured water as it doesn't have any added sugars yet tastes amazing. Since I've been drinking more water I have noticed a big difference to my skin it just looks a lot healthier I honestly couldn't tell you why but I'm putting it up to the water!


Evening

Honestly if I am drunk and need to take my makeup off I might not exactly do all of these steps but I certainly take my makeup off! I really enjoy doing my skincare routine before bed as it totally relaxes me.



1.) Makeup or not I like to cleanse my skin with the Garnier Pure Activer Micellar Cleansing Water. I put a little bit onto a cotton pad and rub it all over my face, after this I feel so refreshed! This has been such a good discovery for me and takes my makeup off so easily! This version of the Micellar water is really good for my skin as it is designed for oily and acne prone skin. 

2. I then use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear  Pink Grape Fruit Daily Scrub again but this time I leave it on my face for a few minutes to sink in a bit before taking it off with a wet face cloth. 

3. Finally I use my Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturiser again rubbing it into my face and neck! With moisturiser a little amount goes a long way which I feel people forget! I moisturise my face before going to bed so my face can absorb the moisture while I sleep!

I try once a week to do a face mask or a special facial cleanser that I don't want to use on my skin everyday! I love the Montagne Jeunesse Mud Masks as they are so inexpensive but do the job so well and come in so many different flavours! Another favourite for when I'm in the bath is the Lush Angels On Bare Skin cleanser. This is one of my favourite things to use on my skin as it is 100% natural and the lavender is lovely before going to bed! My face feels so refreshed after I've used this  product and really recommend it!

What do you guys use on your skin? Anything you recommend?

Catriona...