Friday, 16 September 2016

20 Before 20

Hey Guys,

Can't believe I am typing this but I'm going to be 20 in less than 6 months. In 6 months time I will no longer be a teenager which is absolutely crazy when I think about it!

Today I'm going to write a post about some things I've always wanted to try but haven't so why not make this list to give me some motivation like my Summer Bucket List which you can read here did. So this is a list of 20 things I want to do before I'm 20 in the beginning of March!


A lot of these are food related just a warning.

1. Go out for brunch - This just seems like such a cute thing to do on a Sunday and where my new flat in Glasgow is has tons of cute cafes that I could go to for brunch. Cant wait to have a friend come visit and go out for a wee brunch after a night out.



2. Go for afternoon tea - Basically brunch but in the afternoon... I'm a sucker for a cup of tea and a scone with butter on it. Honestly such an old lady when it comes to these sorts of things and let's be honest who doesn't love tea and cake!

3. Make homemade soup - Soup always tastes better when it doesn't come out of a can and I feel like making soup is such a homely, Sunday afternoon kind of thing. I've never made soup before so I would like to try it especially lentil!

4. Try those mug cakes - Another food thing swear this is the last one! I've seen mug cakes all over Pinterest and I want to see what they are actually like as I have heard some mixed reviews, especially with them not being cooked enough so I would like to give it a bash.

5. Last a whole night out in heels - I've just got my first official pair of heels and I would love to last a whole night out in them as I ALWAYS see girls at the end of the night walking about with no shoes on so I want to see if I can not be like them.

6. Perfect an eye shadow makeup look - If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I'm the worst of the worst when it comes to makeup! I literally have one look where the only difference I have is that I change the lipstick shade. I love loads of peoples eye makeup so I want to perfect a look for a night out.

7. Go to the gym 5 times a week - Currently I'm at the gym 2 to 3 times a week and I would love to get it up to 5. I feel great when I come back from the gym and I have definitely noticed it affecting my mood for the better! Also I really want to tone up my arms up.

8. Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery - I have never visited the Kelvingrove Art Gallery in my whole 19 years of life and I really want to go. It's free and I live literally 5 minutes away from it so there is really no excuse now not to!

9. Finish the Throne Of Glass Series - I have all but the new book of this series and I just want to get my act together and finish it by I'm 20 as I've been wanting to read them for ages.

10. Start learning to drive - Or at least apply for my provisional. I really need to get my act together as I really want to start learning but I've been putting it off forever so no better time to start than now!

11. Complete the 30 Day Squat Challenge - I have been trying to complete this challenge for ages but I always give up mid way through so I want to actually complete it.

12. Try being vegetarian for a week - I just want to see if I can actually do it as I've always said that I probably could go vegetarian because I eat pretty much all vegetables.

13. Travel - I'm not sure when I would do this as I have these things called classes but I'm desperate to travel more. I lust over every new blog post from World Of Wanderlust they always make me want to just pack up my life and leave.

14. Go to one of these indoor trampoline places - These seem like all the rage recently and also look like tons of fun. My local one runs a student night so I want to grab all my friends and give it a try because I think it would be a right laugh.

15. Get into photography - Sure I snap the odd picture on my iPhone as well as trying my best at blog photography but I want to actually learn about it and discover all the tips and tricks.

16. Have a 'dry' month - Not going to lie I'm your typical student that goes out a fair few amounts of the week and I want to try having a dry month without any alcohol. Of course this  isn't happening this month as it is Freshers.

17. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies in one day - How I haven't done this already I have no clue?! I love Harry Potter always have and probably will and I want to just have a super chilled day dedicated to Harry Potter, my bed and tea.

18. Donate blood - Another thing I have never done but always wanted to. When I was younger I used to love going to Donate Blood with my Mum and Dad and not just because of all of the chocolate biscuits but because I always it to! I think it's an amazing thing you can do and I need to sign up asap as well as sign up to be an Organ Donor.

19. Go to a live sporting event - Course I've been to local games but I've only ever been to one sporting event outside of my hometown and that was to see a Netball game as a school trip and I really want to go to one of my own accord.

20. Reach 500 followers on Bloglovin - Finally my last one is ambitious and not something that I can do overnight but I really want to grow my audience for my blog. I've seen a rise in engagement over the past few months and I want to keep it going!

So that's my 20 Before 20 list! Is there anything that you have never done but always wanted to try? Have you done any of the things from my list?

Catriona...